Step 1: Install Zap Attachment Viewer solution in your CRM environment
Step 2: Request trial license by registering profile online (refer licensing KB article for more instructions)
Step 3: Add Zap Attachment Viewer web-resource to entity form (by default, the attachment viewer would be automatically added to case, lead, account, contact and opportunity forms on solution installation) (Refer KB article: How to add Zap Attachment Viewer web resource to entity form)
Step 4: To filter attachments by size or file type… create a configuration setting record (Browse to Zap Apps >> Zap AV Settings)
You are now ready to use Attachment viewer App!
Let’s take an example of using “Attachment Viewer” in the Case form. Screenshot below:
New feature (March 2020): Preview Attachments without need to Download (Screenshot below):
Please note that preview feature is supported only for files of type: image and pdf. Also the attachments need to be in Dynamics 365 (not in external storage).
Few points to note regarding “Attachment Viewer” App:
- Attachments are shown in a consolidated fashion divided in to two categories: Notes and Emails
- Attachments are sorted by created-on date. Further, you can sort the attachments by clicking on column header (by attachment name, file type, etc).
- “Right Click” and select “View” to preview attachment
- To download any attachment, click on the attachnment name
- To open the source email or notes record, click on the subject name.