Zap Object’s Report Scheduler App for Dynamics 365 CRM (Online / On-Premise) allows you to have Reports/Views (Out-of-box or Custom) automatically run at specified dates and times without any user intervention. The report output file can be emailed to a recipient of your choice.
Newly added Features:
- Automatically email (or save to SharePoint) Dynamics 365 Report as PDF/Excel/Word using Out-of-box Workflow (eg Sending a PDF copy of invoice in email using Workflow) [New Feature – May 2019]
- Now also Schedule Dynamics 365 System/Personal Views [New Feature – Nov 2019]
In this KB article, we would go through the steps needed to schedule a report:
Pre-requisite high-level steps:
- Install Zap SSRS Report Scheduler App from Microsoft Appsource.
- Activate the trial license
- Setup the authentication settings (This step is not needed if we just need to Schedule Views and receive in email)
- Configure the global settings
For detailed documentation for executing the above steps refer Zap Knowledgebase.
Scheduling the report:
Browse to Zap Apps >> Zap RS Scheduled Record and click “New”.
Step 1: Select the report that needs to be scheduled:
Step 2: Create the recurring schedule:
Step 3: Select the delivery options and email parameters:
The report scheduler would now automatically run at the scheduled day and time!
Receiving the report:
The report can be received in email…either inline or as an attachment:
Report received in email (Inline):
Report received in email (As an attachment (PDF, Excel,CSV,Word…):