The various Helpdesk App related settings are mainly categorized in to 4 areas:
- Email-to-Case Settings
– Case Creation / Re-open
– Linking of Case Customer to Account/Contact
– Linking of email to existing Case
– Fwd to new Case Settings
– Email Parsing
Important point to note here is that email-to-case trigger point is when email is received in Dynamics…and not when it is added to or routed to a Queue!
Besides we also have an OnDemand Email-to-Case workflow which you could run on the email record.
- Additional Case Settings
– Email Reply Panel (which is added to Case Form)
– History Panel (which is added to Case Form)
– Email & Portal Conversation extraction
– Case field changes tracking
– Case Email Recipients Panel (the email recipients in these lists are used for sending automated notifications)
- Notification Settings: Settings for Email & In-App Notifications which could be easily turned on/off)
– Some of the common notifications are:
– Case Creation Auto-Response
– Follow-Up Requestor
– Case Closure
– Case Assigned
– New Case Assigned
– New Response Received From Requestor
– Follow-Up Agent
- Case Commands Settings
This functionality will be available in future release.
How each of the above settings tie together?
The common element that connects the above settings together is : “Case. Applicable Queue” field. For each Case, you need to set the “Case.Applicable Queue” field for all above settings to work correctly!
Note: “Applicable Queue” is just a custom field added to Case entity. This has nothing to do with the Queue in which the Case is.
(Please note that if the Case has been created using Email-to-Case process then we automatically populate the “Case. Applicable Queue” field)
Nomenclature / Common Terms: