Overview of various Helpdesk related settings:
The various Helpdesk App related settings are mainly categorized in to 4 areas:
- Email-to-Case Settings
– Case Creation / Re-open
– Linking of Case Customer to Account/Contact
– Linking of email to existing Case
– Fwd to new Case Settings
– Email Parsing
Important point to note here is that email-to-case trigger point is when email is received in Dynamics…and not when it is added to or routed to a Queue!
- Additional Case Settings
– Quick Email Reply
– History Panel
– Email & Portal Conversation extraction
– Case field changes tracking
– Populate Case Email Recipients (this is needed for sending external and internal notifications)
- Notification Settings
– Email and Bell Notifications which could be easily turned on/off
– Common notifications like New Case, New Email Response, Case Closure, Case Assignment, New Portal Comment, etc
- Case Commands Settings
This functionality will be available in future release.
How each of the above settings tie together?
The common element that connects the above settings together is : Queue!
For example you may have multiple departments in your company (like General Support, HR, Finance etc) OR multiple product lines (Product A, Product B) for which you would like to setup Case Management.
STEP 1: Create dedicated Queue for each one (each department / product line for which you need Case Management) and optionally have a mailbox which is synced to it.
e.g Zap Support Queue with email firstname.lastname@example.org; Zap Sales Queue with email email@example.com
STEP 2: Create Helpdesk settings (email-to-case, add. case settings, notification settings, case commands) for each Queue.
We have introduced a new custom field in Case called as: Applicable Queue
This field needs to be set on Case creation. Only then the above Helpdesk Settings will work! (Please note that if the Case has been created using Email-to-Case process then we automatically populate the “Applicable Queue” field)
High Level Steps
- Design your Support process
- Setup the Queues (and have them synced with Mailboxes/ Shared Mailboxes)
- Create Team , add team members and provide necessary security role to team (having case related permissions)
- Organize / Add various Case fields and sections (which were added from Zap Helpdesk solution) to your Case form (please note that by default we add the needed fields and sections automatically to out-of-box Case form)
- Configure Global Settings
- Configure Email-to-Case settings link
- Configure Additional Case settings
- Configure Notifications settings
- Configure Case Commands // This module will be available in future.
- Configure Canned Responses
Nomenclature / Common Terms: